Special Watch

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Yesterday vs Today

Hi hi,
Yesterday, something reminded me that our children do have a conscience, despite what they do to their t'chers in class. It also reminded me that all our kidz do have a sense of justice, although they do not seem to exhibit all that in klass. During assembly, a sharing session of how kidz turned the odds against them and excelled in their results, saw the kidz silenced by how unfortunate others can be. Yet, some of them behave like they do not have a single bit of decency in them back in klass. Why the disparity? Is it because we were not able to bring out their sense of decency in klass? Is it the fact that it is a klassroom environment? Or is it because of the novelty of it all? Doesn't matter which is right. The fact remains that my spirits were uplifted by their response.


Today is an entirely different story. My best klass made me shout at them, for not bringing their text books (so I had them do their work in groups); for not bringing their activity when they were told to do so (so I allowed them to work on foolscap to be clipped to their books once they are home); for not being on-task; for lying that they did their work when I walked round to check; and for lying for their friends who did not do their work by passing off their own work as their friends'. How much more must a t'cher concede? How many steps back must a t'cher take to ensure no one wastes the hour in klass? To think that they are graduating this year. I am losing faith in them once again, despite yesterday. Or was it me who was/have been in the wrong. Hmmm.... I realise I sound like someone about to turn hysterical.... :) Not to worry. This is the effect of my worrying too much for people who aren't even worried about themsleves. But it is good to get really angry once in a while. Sets the heart pumping, sets the blood flowing, which in turns starts those brain cells working. :)

And oh, was on course today. Recalled something I heard told to students some time back, which I use once in a while to make kidz laugh - t'cher to student: Dun sleep in klass. But if really must, at least, don't snore. And this is exactly what happened today. Oh my. We were all too polite......

SW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home