Special Watch

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Things are looking bright

Hi hi,
It has been 2 weeks since my last post. Deliberately kept away from posting earlier because my post would have been a depressing one. But things are looking more favourable for me now, so, here I am now.


Day 1 in skool was a struggle. Had to talk to many people, get all the necessary books/info/SOWs etc, since they were not arranged for us earlier, and we needed to start lessons proper on day 2. Forgot to drink water and came down with a sore throat by afternoon. At the same time, received news that mum was not doing too well in the hosp. Her weak heart stopped beating for a while and she had to be resuscitated. She subsequently gained consciousness, was disoriented for a couple of days, but her condition improved tremendously, even had an angiogram done without any complications, and was discharged a few days back, but not before causing the family to lose a few days' sleep and hypertension to set in. All these anxiety in the midst of skool madness and a sharing session all the way in the west, all I could do was to keep my sanity.


I thot I was the only one not coping well. But no, many others were struggling too. Everyone was overwhelmed by the workload, particularly in the first week, especially for those who did not have the chance to prepare themselves prior to day 1. I can only say to these poor dears, be fair to yourselves and not judge yourselves too harshly. Things will get better once we have settled in and caught up with things.


Now that 2 weeks have passed, I can look back and say that my luck has not been too bad. Have a relatively light schedule and the better classes. What more can I ask for? It is heaven compared to my TP experience when I had no exp classes. Here, the bulk of my classes are exp classes. :) I feel so spoilt all of a sudden. Yep, just cannot accept my good luck. Even my CCA and other duties (everyone has to perform) are comparatively light. :)


So, now is my chance to really hone the skills I lack, make my lessons interesting, gather resources and learn from the experienced.


My world seems perfect now, except that Germany should have come in first in the World Cup 06, and Portugal a close 2nd. Sigh....
Hee.... Kahn, Ricardo & Deco!!!!


SW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home