Special Watch

Monday, June 12, 2006

Signing in as a BT

Hi hi,
We must be the lasts to report to our new office today. Even then, our subj allocation and x-tables are not ready. Received a small 'bundle of joy' to read at home. Which means, we get to enjoy our hols until the mad rush on 26 June? Hmm.... Would prefer if they can give us an inkling of the subjects and levels so that we can make little preparations. But then, the world does not revolve around me. So, will simply throw everything out and enjoy myself (provided me mum's condition allow since she is likely to be discharged tomorrow).
Anyway, I enjoyed today's induction, because we met a few kind and wonderful people, some of whom even made it a point to remember your name before you even showed up! The really lovely SCM gave each one of us a lanyard out of her own pocket, complete with clear holders for our security passes and an extension we can hook our thumbdrive to. Wow! So sweet of her. But due to the lack of time, our many questions could not be answered. But we have the 'oldies' (TP people) to ask as we go along.
And of course, we get big tables, good for claustrophobic me, though I cannot move in yet because the current occupant has not moved to the new location. But that's fine since there is nothing for us to do till the job allocation is done.
There is also a nice courtyard sandwiched btween 4 blocks, and I think I shall find Miss B, my Lit-mate and colleague and now soul-mate as well, here pretty often. But the rest of the compound, needs a bit of getting lost in and getting used to. :P I need an real drawn-to-scale map to get my bearings! Sigh...
Yep, tat's all for reporting. Looking forward to more outings. :P

Mood= Happier than a lark :D

SW

1 Comments:

  • heya dear *SW,
    Am amused by the fact that we do have rather similar thoughts abt the Induction: the hope that we could have a wee bit more info as to future duties & expectations.. but as U've rightly put it, i guess we need to learn to take it as it comes along & run along with life.

    And Wow, SW! Am impressed by Ur observant & appreciative attitude towards pple (am proud of ya, and I think that means I have lots more to learn from U, too :) )

    Take care & Stay special,
    hugs, minerva*
    p.s. i get a new nick (albeit, professional) too ~ Woo hoo! ;)

    By Blogger minerva, at 10:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home