Special Watch

Friday, September 09, 2005

Jo's rocks

Hi hi,
Jo did a micro-teaching on rocks today. This is also not an easy topic to teach because all those rock names can kill any passion one has in Geog. This is the only topic I hate in Geog. I am prepared to love everything to do with Geog since it is my one big passion but, when it comes to rocks, I simply cannot extend that love to it. Terrible me.
Anyway, back to Jo's lesson. It was really thoughtful of Jo to bring magnifying glasses for the groups to examine the rocks with! Wonderful. I really wished I could play the part of a student today but alas, I happened to be the camerawoman today. Perhaps, Jo's style would ignite my interest in the topic. I love hands on activities like what was done today.
Also, poor Jo had the disadvantage of time constraint but her flexibility shows, in that she chose to go into the main activity after talking the class thru on what she would have covered 10 minutes prior to the groupwork.
But as for management issues, although Jo tries real hard to be strict, perhaps her petite size and her voice worked to her disadvantage in this aspect.
I guess that's all I can comment because my concern was more to record on tape the teaching process.

Ah, something else I look forward to is the Semakau trip but I've just been reminded of my terrible motion sickness. It's worse now that I've just read someone's blog on the boat ride which made him sick when he seldom gets the motion sickness. Arghh! My motion sickness is really very very bad. So bad that I suspect seismologists can use me to detect earthquakes. Felt tremors twice at home while the rest of my family were totally oblivious. So, I am going to be really anti-social during the boat rides. I cannot stand having to nod or shake my head to caring people around me when I don't feel well. So, do ignore me during the boat rides. I really do feel better that way. Grr.....

And oh, reading week. I need to do many things I haven't the time to do, 2 of which are jogging and swimming. I am turning into a bigger and bigger blob of fats! Yucks!

SW

1 Comments:

  • Hello =)

    I've got motion sickness pills, do you want? You must take it at least half an hour before the ride though... Let me know!

    SJ

    By Blogger Chouchou ch'boogie, at 3:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home